Please come join us after the Labor Day Picnic at the Machinists Hall for some Organizational Training with Hannah Allison from DSA National! We will be focusing on effective organizing training with DSA's Traveling Organizer. All interested parties welcome.
Community Confluence Center, 520 N Commerce Suite 101
We will have a rally with speakers at the Old County Courthouse starting at 11 am. After the speakers we will march from the Courthouse to the Mid-America All-Indian Center (650 N Seneca) where we will be hosting a teach-in. This is a non-partisan event for all people who support science, scientists, and policy based on scientific data and facts.
Join us for our monthly meeting as well as elections for the organizing committee. We will be updating members on our progress, planning our April events (including the March for Science on April 22), introducing our reading group, and much more.
- Greet new people
- Social media/Outreach update
- Introduction of reading group - Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative? by Mark Fisher
- Briefing about March For Science
- Decide when/where to hold sign making party for March for Science
- Plan May Day activities
- Training - Fundamentals of Direct Action Organizing
- Announce next meeting
- Remind everyone to vote for James Thompson
- Open discussion