The workers of Sherwin Williams in Andover are on strike, and are asking for support! The main reasons for the strike were the company’s refusal to three-year agreement, safety issues, wage gaps and a staunch attendance policy among other items. Before this, these members proudly manufactured quality marine and industrial protective coatings used worldwide. (See article)
There is a rally at 4pm Friday October 4th, at 630 East 13th Street. Sherwin Williams employees are striking to fight for a fair deal. Stand with them Friday October 4th starting at 4pm at 630 East 13th Street, Andover, KS! Your support will help support their cause and lift their spirits as they stand up for themselves! Please sign up here if you are able to come to this rally! You can also follow the event on Facebook.
They are also accepting non-perishable items and hygiene items at 3830 S. Meridian, WIchita, KS 67217 from 8:00am - 5:00pm on weekdays or you can call 316-522-1591 to schedule a drop off.
If you would like to walk the line at another time, please contact the strike captains ahead of time. See the attached flyer and the IAM 708 Facebook page for details.
1. Never cross a picket line of striking workers.
2. Never purchase or take free good from a company whose workers are striking.
3. Honk to support strikers if you drive by a picket line.
4. Join strikers on the picket line even if it's not your strike, but follow their directions and defer to them while there.
5. Say "that's great, the strike is working, the company should negotiate with their workers" whenever someone complains about profits lost, inconveniences or other worker-phobic rhetorics. Always turn it back on the company, who has the power to end the strike at any time by accepting the workers' demands.